If you spend hours battling your frizz and trying to get it to resemble something even remotely close to fashionable, this homemade lemon hair gel recipe is just the ticket. It sidesteps all the nasty toxins found in your average tub of hair gel, and it’s amazingly easy to make. Your hair, and your fashion sense, will thank you for it!
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp coconut oil, in liquid form (optional)
- 4 tbsp aloe vera gel (optional)
- Airtight jar for storage
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix water with gelatin until it has completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and mix in lemon juice. Let cool until the mixture has formed into a gel.
- For an optional conditioning addition to the hair gel, mix in coconut oil and aloe vera before the gel completely sets. Place everything in a blender and blend on low until it becomes a creamy consistency.
- Store in an airtight jar, and scoop a tablespoon out every time you want to tame the frizz.